Wednesday, November 1, 2017

Forever #21

It's been a while . . .

A while since I sat down without  . . . *insert activity of procrastination / relaxation * ( are they not the one & the same? . . . I guess not)

Occasionally these days, I take a break to nap, to cook a decent meal or to breathe deeply without the presence of technology, but it has been a fare few weeks since I have really settled down to reassess my position.

My position. Position in life. My mental age. My real age. My physical age.

All ranging from being somewhat immature to being old AF according to most of my fellow human peers, especially from a certain individual who never ceases to remind me of my actual age.

It's all a timeline now, just like Facebook, we age & begin to realise that TIME is the MOST VALUABLE resource there is, then we begin to really . . . . .  freak out.

Also, we are very well equipped with all sorts of social media outlets like Twitter to spread panic accordingly with the correct emoticons & such ;) 

OK. Laughter & tears of pain aside, for most of us who still want to manage a good hand at adulting, we being to make changes or improvements on current routines & habits we may already have before it's too late . . . because we still have hope. Hope for ourselves. Hope for our future.

We being to fear REGRET & STAGNATION more than the fear of FAILURE & DISAPPOINTMENT
This is where we truly begin to live.
Some call this the turning point.
I rather say that you just "woke the f*** up"
And the ongoing list of cliche phrases & motivational posts continue . . . 

To be honest, as if I was lying my whole life,  I have thought about this limitless potential we have held in our hands since birth. This God-like mode of being fearless, brave & reckless even. To be truly unchained by self-esteem issues, confidence problems & approach anxiety. I have imagined a fair bit, I might say. The typical cars, money, penthouses & ladies, of course, countless ladies. [Manwhore] I even dreamed of winning the lottery a few times. 

How basic can I be? Please don't answer that.
However these days, nothing does my head in more than a dream being unfulfilled. No steps taken towards it & yet all of you complain about the journey that is required to even get remotely close to that base camp of let's say 'Everest' mountain you have to conquer, to reach the top.

I'm gonna say it. Right to you face as you read this.

You make me sick. Deep inside sick. Sad for you even.

Yet my emotions will always get the better of me & I remember that at one stage I was like you. Still to this day, I actually am still very similar . . . to you.

Young, dumb & broke.

Now I am . . . not so young, less dumb & still broke.

So to be frank, I am also sick of myself. So we're in the same boat. Don't be mad. I promise we will make it one day. I promise.

How? 

Just do it. Whatever is on your mind. Just do it. But you tell me - " I DON'T KNOW HOW?!" Take the time to plan your next move. Execute your plan. Learn from success and mistakes. Don't fear the failures. Relish in the fact that you are receiving VALUABLE LESSONS from your wrongs. 

I could say - " What doesn't kill you makes you stronger " but really I want to say - " But did you die?" Cause you know - trendsetters like Mr Chow really know how to party. =P

Or you could sit on Instagram looking for more #inspo posts to #motivate your sorry ass to become successful by double tapping everything you want instead of working for it.

Other people flick through social media & videos pop up telling us to be the person we needed 5 years ago, 10 years ago even, because what can go wrong with a bit of advice from the future?

I mean retirement homes are literally time machines from the past brought froward to aid our future, if you think about it.

I suggest talking with your grandparents while they're still alive and/or go to a nursing home.

Ask them how they all lived. How they had fun or how they didn't enjoy life, living through the eras til now. Even your parents who gave birth to you or not. All the experience points you need to boost your levels on life are there. 

You have to ask. That's all.

Good luck and see you all IRL.

Don't blame the game, blame the player.



Lots of Love < 3

Your Main Ho

Jeff


P.s. Thanks for reading my rant & dealing with my frustrating personality.

No comments:

Post a Comment